Sunday, March 16, 2014

DIY Earring Holder

Hello! This is my first post! I want to share a small project I did today! It was really simple and turned out so cute in my opinion!  I had earrings floating around everywhere! So I looked up a few ideas to make my own earring holder, I didn't really like what I was seeing so I put together my own little invention.

First I took an old picture frame! Then I took some screen that we had laying in the shed. If you don't have any laying around you can get this at pretty much any hardware store for a few dollars. It is called hail screen, or wire mesh. I cut out a piece to fit on the back of the picture frame. I used tin snips to cut it. Then took a light duty Stanley staple gun and stapled the wire mesh to the back of the picture frame. Next I took a package of big colorful buttons that I picked up at Wal-Mart for $1.97. I used some thin wire we had here at the house to secure the buttons on to the screen. I also added some $.97 hooks I picked up at Wal-Mart for hanging jewelry.

That was all there was to it! It literally took me 10 minutes to make. I put my studs in the button holes and will add dangly earrings to the screen!





No comments:

Post a Comment