Wednesday, March 19, 2014

DIY Spice Jar and Cabinet Chalkboard

I decided to start upcycling glass jars as we use them. My first project and test run was on a spaghetti jar. I took off the label and printed off a label I found online and used the sticky residue that was left from the previous label to my advantage. I then took some clear shelf paper I had laying around the house that was actually a scrap from an earlier project. I used that to secure the label on to my jar. I took some acetone fingernail polish remover to remove the sticky residue left over from the original label that wasn't covered by my new label.

I took some chalkboard paint and painted the lid. This can be just for looks or you can actually write on the lid too.


I took a pic of what the jar looked like before I turned it into a new spice jar. 

 Chalkboard paint on lid
I believe you can buy this in the spray form as well. I had this already from an earlier project. I believe it runs around $12 dollars at Wal-Mart.




I decided to make use of my cabinet door that holds my spices. I am always needing to convert things when cooking. So I decided to make the inside of my spice cabinet into a chalkboard. 

It took about 3 coats of chalkboard paint. Pictured Above. It dries very quickly so it only took about 20 minutes to paint. 

I took a piece of chalk and wrote my kitchen conversions on my new chalkboard. 





No comments:

Post a Comment